Kearsarge, NH 03847
A Full-Stack Drupal Developer with more than a decade of experience designing, developing, managing and migrating Drupal 7 & 8 systems on a variety of Linux platforms. Since 2008, Flanagan has been developing solutions with the Drupal CMS, and adapting it's vast catalog modules to any need at hand.
Over Flanagan's career, he has managed teams at fortune 500 companies and startup firms; Instructed at college-level; purchased, operated, and sold a 20 room hotel; oversaw the management and maintenance of dozens of Drupal 7 and 8 websites on the AWS® and Pantheon® platforms.
His professional passions include theming and styling Drupal sites with particular attention toward ADA compliance and ideas.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
TrakTek Partners; Needham, MA - June 2017 to Present
Recovered a LAMP server that had been infected by a bot that targeted and infected all PHP files on all Apache virtual servers. This involved building a new server, disinfecting each virtual server's codebase, securing the file permissions and designing a backup and maintenance routine for the client.
Created the new NH Lakes Region Community College homepage using Bootstrap and Compass, developed full-screen layout according to Photoshop PSD comp; designed and developed resized layouts for all mobile viewing devices.
Manage 3 dozen databases for higher education organizations on both Pantheon and AWS servers and respond to enhancement requests for these systems. Recent projects have including enhancements to the Drupal 8 Open Social Distribution, as well as the Varbase distribution and Single-source Sign-on using CAS.
Freelance Drupal Development
NorthConway.com - December 2006 to Present
Web Site Hosting and Design with Content Management through Drupal (7 & 8)
- Styled through Drupal themes using Bootstrap and Sass/Compass with strict adherence to Drupal standards.
- Advanced page displays using advanced settings within Views (Relationships, Contextual filters, Better Exposed Filters)
- Integrated Searches with Apache Solr for quicker results in the site UI.
- Complete Lifecycle management with Backups, GIT and redundant workspaces for Development and QA Testing
- Web and Internet services management through AWS and Pantheon
Conway, NH Planning Board, Secretary
Conway, NH (town of) - April 2011 to March 2017
Elected twice as a member of the Conway Planning Board and served for 4 years as the board secretary. Participated in revising Conway's "Master Plan", prioritizing new projects for the town giving them visibility to the budgeting committee over the following decade
Hotel Owner & Operator
Cranmore Mountain Lodge; North Conway, NH - December 2001 to December 2010
Flanagan purchased and Operating Cranmore Mountain Lodge, improving its annual income by 35%; added automated booking and designed a new 25 extension PBX for the hotel using the LINUX-based, Asterisk system.
White Mountain Community College - December 2007 to 2009
Instructing computer science-related subjects, including Microsoft Office, Visual Basic, and Joomla, a content-managed web design system.
Lotus Domino Consultant
2001 to 2006
- Fresinius - Waltham, MA
- Nutmeg State Federal Credit Union - Providence, RI
- Amtrol - Providence, RI
- Spectel Corporation - Andover, MA
- Picturetel - Andover, MA
Director of Strategic Services
Ozro; Cambridge, MA - May 2000 to June 2001
Oversee development team geared toward integrating Ozro Internet technology with other online service sites related to procurement. Ozro's core product, TradeAccess, uses a patented technology on trade negotiation that is built in a LAMP platform. The product API employs SOAP standards to exchange XML data packets between our own product and other systems such as BEA Weblogic, PurchasePro, and other B2B platforms. The core business competency of TradeAccess is to incorporate the US and international means of trade in the areas of Incoterms of trade, finance terms, and tariffs. The product facilitates the efficient means of trade negotiation between two or more parties to the ends of producing legally binding trade contracts in an international market.
IT Manager - Groupware and Mail Services
Keane Consulting; Boston, MA - December 1997 to May 2000
- Planned and Managed the deployment of Lotus Notes clients and Domino servers for more than 4,000 client seats at over 50 locations.
- Oversaw the day-to-day operations of the corporate Domino servers consisting of IBM AS/400s and a farm of Intel-based servers.
- CRM Level 3 certification - Instituted documentation practice for all tasks and procedures involved in operating our server farm continuously according to the specification of the CRM level industry-standard certification.
- Collaborated with department managers to plan applications and determine resource needs to support those applications.
IT Manager - Lotus Notes Network (LNN)
Lotus Development Corporation; Cambridge, MA - September 1990 to December 1997
Responsible for overseeing developers for applications being developed for the Lotus Notes Network (LNN).
Technical Support Specialist for Lotus Notes
Provide support to enterprise-level customers on both Application and Network Design issues related to Lotus Notes clients and Servers.
Created end-user applications that were included in NotesSuite, a package from Lotus, which included Notes and supporting applications.
John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance - January 1988 to September 1990
The Retail Annuities group at John Hancock introduced me to a wide variety of financial training, including Interest theory and the statistical role of mortality and morbidity tables in creating annuity and insurance premiums.
Duties and accomplishments included bidding for funding lottery prize annuities for various state lotteries across the United States; Created sales-force Spreadsheet tools for agents, allowing them to create quotes in the field based off of life mortality tables and financial interest accrual.
Bachelors of Science - Economics
minor in mathematics and computer science
Boston University - Boston, MA 1991 to 1996
- Drupal 7 & 8 CMS (10+ years / 2 yrs w/ 8),
- Drupal migrations
- Angular; vue.js; Typescript
- back-end design and module coding / TWIG
- PHP Drupal API integration
- LAMP administration on Cent/OS and Ubuntu platforms
- DNS management with BIND 9
- AWS, Pantheon & Azure Server Admin
- PHP (7.x) scripting
- awareness of ADA 508 compliance
- financial and actuarial calculations
- http://www.lrcc.edu/ - Form UI enhancements, home page redesign with New Bootstrap Framework; backed integration for new sections
- http://kearsargenh.com/ - Drupal 8, customized with FEEDS and Entity Forms
- https://flanagan.org/ - portfolio built with Drupal 8 - Varbase enhanced
- http://greatbay.edu/ - Form UI enhancements for mobile content editing